Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It Feels Amazing, Sofiya Semenova

This is my first time trying to write a poem that does not rhyme.So I might not have the whole non-rhyming thing down.But anyways,here it goes:

I stand here waiting,watching,seeing.
The clock chimes 12 disrupting my thoughts.
The moon rises up,shining down on me
like a lantern guiding my way.
I'm above the world,soaring,
looking down at the still darkness.
It feels amazing.
And I outstretch my hands,grasping,
the cold nothingness chilling my fingers.
With my eyes I can see all around me,
all behind me,
all beyond me.
It feels amazing.
The world spins faster and I
am spinning along with it,
like an exotic dance with nature.
Twirling around and leaping,
my solo ends and,
the rest of everything goes back into motion.
It feels amazing.
The wind picks me up,
dropping me into the ground.
I'm falling back into reality,
and you know what?
It feels amazing.


(P.S.Joel,I dislike the rule that you can't use any color other than black if you're older than a sixth grader.)

4 comments:

Poz said...

Hey Sofiya, I think that was TOTALLY good, especially for a first time not rhyming!!!! I loved it, and you should really keep going with this new style of writing. I write poetry like that too, and there's no better way to express your feelings.

Sofiya said...

Hah,thanks.I think that I like this type of poetry so much more,it's so much easier to express your feelings.And it feels so. . .abstract.If you get what I mean.
And rhyming-ness always sounds so corny.Maybe I just don't do it right or something.
:P

Poz said...

sofiya, you totally no that ur awesome at poetry. psh....better at rhyming than me!!!!! Well, it kinda just isn't my thing. but i can totally tell that poetry is urs.

Sofiya said...

Aaw.Thanks.
You're good at writing stories.Like,you really are.
I can't write stories.If you read my stories you're gonna fall asleep.
But we all do what we do,right?