Thursday, July 24, 2008

I don't know what to name this,Sofiya Semenova

A poem I wrote in response to the morning reading and reflections pictures.

I stand at the bottom,
looking up
at the tall hill.
Overgrown,untended to
yellow grass
reaching up,
touching my bare ankles.
At the top is a tree,
with branches
caressing the sky,
it's roots chained to eternity.
And here I am,
walking up,
my feet leaving
small trampled grass wherever I step.
The hill is bare,
except for us -
two tall figures
standing high against the sun.
And now I am
at the top,
looking down this time.

It's extremly bad,but I had nothing better to write.

2 comments:

Poz said...

I don't think that it's extremely bad. In fact, I think that you should keep going with it. Expand it into something more than you thought it could be. That's how a lot of wonderful writing pieces are done. You should name it "Two Tall Figures" or "The Hill". Idk....I'm not good with titles really.

Sofiya said...

Hmm,yea.
I'm not exactly shure how to add more to it,though,because it's a poem,and I don't want it to be too long.
Plus I just don't know what else to say.