Thursday, July 26, 2007

Writer's Block

Why is a blank page so much more formidable an opponent than one full of words? My mind stretches for an idea, any idea, just something to make that stark white paper stop looking at me, asking such insolent questions like how can I call myself a writer when I have nothing to write about. Alas, (for it is only circumstances such as these that call for ‘alas,’) my mind is blank. Stories of people and other worlds float tantalizingly above my, quite empty, head, just out of reach. I guess, just for today, the paper remains victorious.

By Caitie

3 comments:

Hannah said...

What you say is very true. That is exactly how I feel when I cannot think of anything to write.

Joel said...

Well Caitie, people fear the unknown, and what is more unrevealed than a blank sheet of paper.

On a lighter note, ever see the Spongebob writer's block episode?

Anonymous said...

sounds exactly like that thing I wrote for Rare Patterns, you b****! I'm back from camp! jk about that whole thing in the first sentence. Just wanted to keep you on your toes for a second and be all omg, Jen's mad! Cool writing workshop thingy. Another one of your parents' crazed schemes, I'm guessing. Hm. Or maybe this is something you're doing for fun. Sounds fun, TO ME. TO ME is in capitals because we both recognize my twisted perception of reality.