Monday, July 30, 2007

Curious Incident, Kelsey

When I saw the star fall, I knew something was wrong. I'm not talking about meteors or anything; I'm talking about actual falling stars. This star happened to be Polaris - you know, the star that points North (well, it used to point north, anyway). If I hadn't been looking, I would have missed the twinkling point of light hurtle downwards. Downwards to what? I had no idea. That was when all of the other stars began to fall, too, like some sick light show. I looked up in horror and watched as stars overhead began to drop closer and closer to Earth. The sky was actually falling (someone call Chicken Little). I wasn't exactly sure why Earth was falling, but everybody on it would die if it remained stationary (and probably if it fell as well). But that is when it happened. Earth began to plummet, spinning in the dark to an unknown destination, screams penetrating the cold night air. After that, all was silent.

Is it okay or was I too blunt? And is it too short? Thanks :).

4 comments:

Joel said...

Yo Kelsey...that's pretty depressing. You've got an interesting mix of seriousness and understatement/dark humor.

Is this the beginning of something longer? What's with the title?

Joel said...

I mean...with the title...it sounds like a little more than a curious incident...unless the curious incident is coming down the road.

Alyssa said...

I liked the Chicken Little part and I think the length is just right.

Jen A. said...

Very interesting! I think you could really go somewhere with this.