Thursday, August 2, 2007

Martian bug, Emily S

The beautiful colors of the bug enchanted me as it flew by my head. Its wings were a mix of blues and greens and yellows, its body a soft brown. I didn't know what kind it was, but that just made it all the more entrancing. I let my mind wander after that, imagining that the bug was from another planet. Mars maybe, from back when there was still water on it. The bug was lost in time and space, far from its brethren and unable to return.

The little bug landed on my hand and I smiled slightly. "Hallo there, little- hey!" It bit me, the little martian bug. It flew off before I could squish it. The little bug didn't seem so entchanting anymore. The bite started to bleed sluggishly and I looked around for something to stop it. In the end I just used a bunch of tissues. It went away after a few days, but it left a tiny scar on my hand.

comments? or a title, that would be nice too...

No comments: